CMC Porsche 901 (Serie) 1964 champagne yellow
By now the Porsche 901, or the subsequent 911, has won an established spot in the sports car Olympus. To those that are still dreaming – and essentially to all CMC model car fans – CMC Classic Model Cars now offers the Porsche 901 in a most faithful and gorgeously-crafted CMC Classic Miniatur replication. It is composed of 971 single parts. Finally the Porsche 901 has a CMC miniature that does justice to its original beauty.
- Model: Precision model hand-assembled, Die-Cast
- Manufacturer: CMC GmbH, Classic Model Cars, Germany
- Scale: 1:18
- Item-No.: M-067A
- Parts: 971
- Limited Edition: 5000 pcs
- Hand-assembled metalprecision model composed of 971 parts
- Precisely-scaled car body with superb paintwork
- Front/rear bumpers of solid metal, with bumper guards chromed to a gloss finish
- Hinged engine and trunk hoods
- Highly detailed 6-cylinder boxer engine, complete with piping and cables
- Engine ventilation louver and grid made in precise replication
- Expertly-crafted metal wheels with a detachable five-nut connection
- Removable hub caps (magnetic stick) and dismountable wheels
- Authentically-replicated metal wipers, fitted with wiper blades of rubber
- Seats upholstered in a combination of leather and textile
- True-to-the-original interior and dashboard of instruments and control gadgets
- Detachable tank cap
- Foldaway antenna
- Removable spare wheel in the trunk
- Exact replication of the underbody with an embossed zinc-alloy plate
- Functional front and rear single wheel-suspension, mounted on transverse control arms/longitudinal control arms. Both made of metal
- Exact-detailed trunk interior with finely-replicated fuel tank
- Removable carpet-inlet in the trunk
Porsche's son Ferdinand Alexander (also referred to as "Butzi") was responsible for most of the development endeavour, and his idea eventually revailed. As a result, the new Type 901 was born. This elegant sports coupé was bigger than the Type 356. The window was extended to allow for much wider circumfereential visibility, as well.
The interior was modified to cater to the taste of the 60s. Beside the various benefits of modern engineering, the six-cylinder boxer engine was the most significant feature of this new type. The two-litre engine created an output of 96 kw/130 hp at 6,100 rmp. The air-cooling engine with dry-sump lubrication had a deep-throttling voice that would become typical of all the forthcoming "nine elevens" during the next decades.
On the 12th of September in 1963, Porsche introduced the Type 901 as the successor of the Porsche 356 at the IAA in Frankfurt. Just one year later, with the 901 poised to go into series-production, it was presented to the public eye again at the Parisian Autosalon.
Peugeot intervened, because they owned the copyright for all 3-digit model designations with a "0" in the middle. But before Porsche was able to make the amends, production of the Type 901 had already got off the ground on September 14, 1964, and a total of 82 units were delivered by the factory. All of them carried the type designation "901". Subsequently, the 901 became the 911, a legendary 3-digit designation that still raises the heartbeat of every sports car enthusiast.
CMC presents this "forbearer" of the 911 as an impressive high-end precision model. Discover the richness of details that this model has to offer.
- 6-cylinder boxer engine with air cooling
- Bore x stroke: 80x66 mm
- Displacement: 1.991 ccm
- Maximum output: 96 kW / 130 hp at 6,100 rmp
- Top speed: 210 km/h
- Total length: 4,163 mm
- Wheel base: 2,211 mm
- Two doors; 2+2 seater, self-supporting coupé body of sheet steel
- Production period/quantity of Type 901: 1964 (82 serial units)
Customers also purchased
Wrote by Markus S. on 25.11.2019
Sehr schönes Modell!
Das Modell ist, wie gewohnt von CMC,top verarbeitet. Die Beratung, der Verkauf und der Versand hat ebenso wie immer super geklappt. Vielen Dank!!!
Wrote by Antonio S. on 28.08.2010
CMC Porsche 911 (901) 1964 Champagne
La première d’une longue lignée.... Modèle composé de 971 pièces, CMC nous a produit comme d’habitude une profusion de détails sur ce modèle Porsche 901 devenue 911 à cause d’une réclamation de Peugeot qui avait déposé les dénominations à 3 chiffres avec un ‘0’ au milieu, ainsi naquit le nombre le plus mythique voilà déjà plus de quarante ans.