CMC Mercedes-Benz W 165 #24, 1939
With the Caracciola model, starting number 24, CMC completes its presentation of the victorious W165 twins of Tripolis that achieved an outstanding triumph for Mercedes-Benz.
- Model: Precision model hand-assembled
- Manufacturer: CMC GmbH, Classic Model Cars, Germany
- Scale: 1:18
- Item-No.: M-074
- Parts: more than 400
- Limited Edition: 5.000
- Hand-mounted precision model made of more than 400 single parts
- An exact-to-detail replication of the impressive body form with brillant finish
- The cockpit seat is covered with textile
- Aluminium wheels with hand-wired stainless steel spokes
- Cooler with metal bars and radiator net
Racing fans all over the world were now looking forward to the debut of the new "mini" Mercedes Silver Arrow W165 at he race track of "Mellaha" on the 7th of May, 1939. Daimler-Benz had built this new 1,5 litre car within 6 months.
A new success story was born when Hermann Lang with starting number 16 and Rudolf Caracciola with starting number 24 drove their racers to a sensational double victory. Hermann Lang was the winner. Rudolf Caracciola with starting number 24 finished 2nd.
The limited-edition miniature of this runner-up car concludes our commemoration of the winning duo on a high note, for it not only provides a powerful reminder of their double victory, but is also impressive to look at.
- V-8-engine with 2 camshafts, 3-stage-suction carburattor
- Displacement: 1,495 ccm
- Bore x stroke: 64 x 58 mm
- Top speed: approx. 300 km/h
- Maximum output: 256 hp at 8,000 rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed, gate
- Wheel base: 2,450 mm
- Track front: 1,280 mm
- Track rear: 1,338 mm
Customers also purchased
incl. 19 % VAT excl. shipping costs