CMC Bugatti 57 SC Corsica, 1938 Sports Version
- Model: Assembled, handmade precision model
- Manufacuter: CMC GmbH, Classic Model Cars, Germany
- Scale: 1:18
- Art.-No.: M-129
- Farbe: Bugatti light blue
- Parts: 1,780
- Limited Edition: 1,000 pcs
- Hand-crafted metal precision model made of 1,780 single parts
- This miniature was modified on the basis of the CMC model Bugatti 57 SC Corsica (item No. M-106)
- The apparent differences are as follows:
- The double windshield was replaced by a small windshield on the driver’s side
- Integration of the spare wheel into the trunk lid with a cover
- Louvred engine compartment air vents
- Shiny light blue painting
- Starting number 43 printed on the doors
- Plaques on the front that recorded sporting success or membership of famous automobile clubs
So what could be more appropriate, if you are the proud owner of the unique Bugatti Corsica, than participate at those competitions. After all, the owner new pretty well that a high end 200 hp engine was powering the car. So the prospect of a victory were pretty good.
So for those kind of racing events, the Bugatti 57 SC Corsica became quickly transformed into a racing version. The necessary reconstruction work was not too complex. The shiny blue painted body, a small windshield on the driver side, a spare wheel integrated on the trunk deck and the starting number 43 on the doors accentuated the sporty note in a very special way.
Several badges on the front display the sportive success but as well the club membership and the bond to other Clubs.
- 8-cylinder in-line-engine with two overhead camshafts
- Maximum output: approx. 200 hp at 5,500 rpm
- Displacement: 3,257 ccm
- Compression Ratio: 8,5 : 1
- Top speed: approx. 200 km/hr
- Wheel base: 2,980 mm
- Total length: approx. 4,510 mm
- Track width front: 1,350 mm
- Track width rear: 1,350 mm
- Bore x Stroke: 72 x 100 mm
- Mechanical cable break (later converted to a hydraulic braking system)
- Right-hand drive
- Dry sump lubrication
- Fuel management with Stromberg carburetors UUR2 or Bugatti type
Customers also purchased
Wrote by Jiri R. on 14.03.2023
Thanks again, dear Madeleine and CMC-Modelcarshop
My second purchase from you and again perfect service and a beautiful diecast car model.
Wrote by Miroslav V. on 02.02.2023
Sehr hochwertiger Shop, seltene Modelle zu einem angemessenen Preis, etwas längere Lieferzeit, aber alles perfekt verpackt und es macht Freude, das Wunschmodell auszupacken. Ich gebe 5 Sterne. Miroslav V.
Wrote by Jean-Pierre S. on 25.08.2014
Un bijou !
Belle et rare. Merci CMC-Modelcarshop !