CMC Mercedes SSK Trossi, 1932 "The Black Prince", Interior leather dark green
Interior leather dark green
- Model: Precision model, hand-assembled
- Manufacturer: CMC GmbH, Classic Model Cars, Germany
- Scale: 1:24
- Item-No.: M-001A
- Parts: more than 180
- Limited Edition: ---
- Handmounted metal precission model of more than 180 single parts
- Brilliant high quality painting
- Steerable front wheels
- Fine replication of the 6-cylinder in-line-engine with compressor
- Double hinged hood. Every wing equipped with a real leather belt
- Costly designed dashboard with by hand implemented round instruments
- Cockpit frame and seats are covered with real leather
- Very detailed cooler and headlamps
- Wheels with filigrane spokes
- Replacement wheel included in the hinged trunk
- Exhaust manifold on the sides made of metal
- Chromed exhaust- pipe-end of metal
- True to the original replication of the latin license number from 1932
He was a motorsport enthusiast and became in 1931 2nd president of the Scuderia Enzo Ferrari. As a racedriver, he was able to achieve a formidable 2nd place at the 1932 Mille Miglia.
Also in 1932, Trossi bought the Mercedes SSK-chassis Nr.36038 with the engine number 77640 at the Mercedes branch office in Rome.
The english body worker Willie White provided the powerfull 7 litre compressor engine with a unique and fascinating body. From this day on the Trossi Mercedes had a distinctive look. While all serial Mercedes cars of the thirties was painted in white, Conte Trossi painted his SSK in bright black.
Till his death in the year 1949 "The Black Prince" stayed in Conte Trossis possession. Today the famous haberdasher Ralph Lauren in New York is the proud owner of the Trossi-Mercedes.
- 6-cylinder in-line-engine with camshaft placed on top
- Maximum output: 275 hp at 3300 rpm
- Displacement: 7,065 ccm
- Topspeed: more than 200 km/h
- Wheel base: 2,950 mm
- Track front: 1,420 mm
- Track rear: 1,420 mm
- Total length: 4,780 mm