CMC Ferrari 250 GTO, 1962 Techno-Promo Model
(This model is without interior and without engine)
Congratulations to you on the purchase of an extraordinary model that brings to light the unique technique and workmanship of CMC in crafting a classic vintage car.
- Model: Precision model hand-assembled
- Manufacturer: CMC GmbH, Classic Model Cars, Germany
- Scale: 1:18
- Item-No.: M-173
- Single parts: more than 1,867
- Limited Edition: 500
- Hand-crafted metal precision model with a left-hand drive, built from 1,867 single parts, of which 1,234 are made of metal
- Authentic recreation of the Le Mans racecar looks
- Elegantly-replicated front end with removable covers of the three air intakes
- One coolant filler under a flip-open cover in the bonnet; one oil-tank filler housed under the right side of the rear window with an openable cover
- Intricate windscreen-wipers with real rubber blades
- Functional engine hood, equipped with a supporting rod, functional locks for quick release, and leather belts and buckles for secure fastening
- Functional doors with sliding windows
- Trunk lid has a supporting rod and opens to reveal a spare wheel
- Rear fuel tank filler with a flip-open cap
- Perfectly-wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel spokes and nipples
- Unscrew the Borrani central locking nuts (with side-dependent right- and left-hand threads) to remove the wheels
- Highly detailed 12-cylinder V-type engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Meticulous replication of the interior and its racing accessories, such as roll cage and safety belts. Seats upholstered in real textile covers with leather trimmimgs
- Well-integrated dashboard with a full array of instruments and controls on a wrinkle-finish-paint surface
- Elaborate undercarriage that reveals authentically-replicated front and rear suspensions, oil tank for dry sump lubrication, and fuel tank (all being made of stainless steel) in addition to an impressive racing-style tailpipe of the exhaust system.
- Detachable stainless-steel bottom plate, and a brilliant high-gloss finish
Indeed, common sense has it that sophisticated body forms do not lend themselves to conventional zinc die-casting unless compromises are made in regard to wall thickness and contour quality. But people at CMC found this view disagreeable and resolved to break new ground.
Following the new approach developed at CMC, a sophisticated body form is to be dissected into sections that allow for precision casting. If a section is of a particularly complex shape, certain parts may have to be cast separately or made of other metal before the section can be fitted together. To join the parts, gluing or soldering may do the job, but we opt for a more stable and lasting solution – use of screws. With this technique, it is possible to manufacture the top and bottom parts of a body individually and then have them joined as a whole. The same process applies to the making of the front and rear ends of this replica.
Now consider the air vents and funnels behind the front and rear sanders. How do we manage to assemble these independently-made pieces seamlessly? Once the parts are fitted into place, the crevices, including the screw heads, are filled with a special putty before they are carefully sanded, polished, and leveled. A test of form stability will be performed to finish the production process. The result is a flawless, perfectly shaped contour surface with a wall thickness in the desired range of specifications.
This is what we call "innate value" -- a painstaking craftsmanship that becomes invisible in the finished product, but contributes significantly to its acquisition of a flawless beauty and unmatched quality.
The use of racing team and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
- Two-seater coupé body (Berlinetta) made of aluminum on a tubular frame with side trellis-frame reinforcement
- 12-cylinder V-engine with a 60⁰ cylinder angle and dual overhead camshafts
- Dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 73 x 58.8 mm
- Displacement: 2,953 cc
- Compression: 9.8 : 1
- Maximum output: 300 hp at 7,500 rpm
- Top speed: approx. 280 km/h
- Mixture preparation: 6x Weber 38 DCN-dual carburetor
- Transmission: Synchronized 5-speed manual rear-wheel drive
- Suspension: Front independent suspension on trapezoidal whishbones with coil springs; rear rigid axle with longitudinal leaf springs, Koni shock absorbers, and Watt linkage
- Brakes: Disk-brakes all around
- Wheelbase: 2,400 mm
- Track front: 1,354 (1,351)
- Track rear: 1,350 (1,346) mm
- Vehicle length: 4,325
- Vehicle wide: 1,600 mm
- Vehicle height: 1,210 mm
- Curb weight: approx. 900 kg
- Construction period: 1962-1964
- Quantity: 36 pcs. + 3 units with a 4-liter-engine
Customers also purchased
Wrote by Claude S. on 20.09.2022
Wunderschönes Modell trotz fehlendem Motor und Innenausstattung, einfach nur WOW!
Wrote by LOUIS H. on 01.05.2021
Achat CMC M-173 au top
Superbe produit et de super qualité, transaction nickel, très bon emballage et livraison rapide Excellent contact avec le support technique. Achat en toute confiance